University of Glasgow Memorial Chapel

About University of Glasgow Memorial Chapel

The Memorial Chapel at the University of Glasgow, Scotland, was consecrated on 4 October 1929, and is dedicated to the memory of the former students and staff of the University who lost their lives in the First and Second World Wars. It is located in the West Quadrangle of the Main Building of the University, and was designed by Sir John Burnet. The chapel is protected as a category A listed building.HistoryThe University's former premises on the High Street were on the site of an old Dominican ...

Show the whole text

University of Glasgow Memorial Chapel's previous events